Technical Support – Testing Your System
Testing your security system is simple:
1 Call Our Monitoring Station.
- Tell us that you wish to test your alarm.
- Have your PASSCARD ID ready. We need it to verify you.
- Let us know exactly how long you will be testing your security system. We will not respond to any signals received during this time.
2 Arm Your Alarm
- Enter your access code. Wait for the exit delay to expire.
3 Set Off Your Alarm.
- Open some doors and windows.
- Walk through an area protected by a motion sensor. Your siren will sound.
- Remember, there is a 20-45 second delay on any doors designated as entry/exit points.
4 Disarm Your Alarm.
- Enter your access code.
5. Call Back Our Monitoring Station.
- Confirm that we received all the alarm signals that you sent.
- Tell us that you are finished testing.
Note: Your alarm will “seize” your phone line for a few seconds to transmit the alarm signals to the monitoring station. During this brief period, you might not be able to use your phone.