A recent Victoria Times Colonist article urges business to make themselves as unattractive as possible to thieves following a 28% increase in break-ins during the first 3 months of 2012.
The article talks about the Victoria SPCA having gone out of its way to prevent break-ins. The installation of 28 cameras inside and outside of the SPCA building are used as highly visible deterrents as well as covert surveilance to catch burglars in the act.
While high quality camera systems are not inexpensive, the investment in security equipment far outweighs the property damage and theft of valuables after a break-in.
At Price’s Alarms, our security advisors are here to talk to you about your security and help protect your business and property from theft in as many ways as reasonably possible within your budget. Our Systems Division provides camera systems and electronic access control to expand beyond the traditional security levels with professional equipment installed to meet the needs and expectations.
When you need us we’ll always be here, after all, our family has been here serving the security needs of businesses since 1895. Deterring crime is the key to protecting your business. Theives will always think twice and look to an easier target when they see our big red and white decals on your windows along with our Systems Division cameras looking down upon them.
- Protect yourself against crime by not being an easy target.
- Make sure you have an monitored alarm system – trust Price’s Alarms.
- All businesses should give heavy consideration to security system cellular backup against line-cut protection.
- Consider the investment towards surveillance systems and access control.
- Invest in the lighting outside your business; thieves like the dark shadows.
- Trim the bushes and shrubs that surround your business so passers by can see what is going on.
- Remove valuables from sight or add extra protection to glass. Take a note from the jewelry stores as you’ll never see jewelry on display after hours. Diamonds are always kept safe inside the safe behind the security system. What will thieves see as your diamonds?
- Make your security deterrents highly visible.